The care, safety and wellbeing of children and young people is a central and fundamental responsibility of Catholic education in the Sandhurst Diocese.
Catholic school communities place the highest priority on the care, wellbeing and protection of children and young people. Founded in Christ and sustained by faith, Catholic schools seek to fulfil their mission of enabling each student to come into the fullness of their own humanity. This includes promoting the inherent dignity of children and young people, and their fundamental right to be respected, nurtured and safeguarded by all.
Catholic Education Sandhurst is committed to the wellbeing and protection of all children and complying with Ministerial Order No. 870: Child Safe Standards - Managing the Risk of Child Abuse in Schools, and following the Victorian Child Safe Standards.
Supporting an absolute commitment to child safety, Catholic Education Sandhurst continues to work closely with the Victorian Registration and Qualifications Authority (VRQA), the Department of Education and Training (DET), and the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) to improve child protection through the promotion and implementation of the Victorian compulsory minimum Child Safe Standards and other relevant legislative obligations emanating from recommendations associated with the:
- Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse
- Victorian Parliamentary Inquiry into the Handling of Child Abuse by Religious and Other Organisations which culminated in the report titled Betrayal of Trust.
Child Safety Information
Documents concerning the protection of children under the Victorian Government's Child Safe Standards. All relevant CES Limited policies will be available soon.
Mandatory reporting is a legal requirement under the Children, Youth and Families Act 2005 (Vic.) to protect children from harm relating to physical injury and sexual abuse and is non-negotiable in our schools.
Reporting and Support Contacts
Catholic Education Sandhurst Ltd
24 Hour Services
- Victoria Police: 000
- DHHS Child Protection: 131 278
- PROTECT - Identifying and Responding to Student Sexual Offending
- PROTECT - Identifying and Responding to All Forms of Abuse in Victorian Schools
- FOUR CRITICAL ACTIONS FOR SCHOOLS Responding to Incidents, Disclosures and Suspicions of Child Abuse