The first priority of Catholic schools is the health and safety of the students in their care. This page provides advice to parents and school communities about COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
New Covid-19 restrictions from 6.00pm, Friday 26 March 2021
Advice to communities
From 6pm on Friday 26 March 2021, Victoria has further relaxed its COVIDSafe settings.
- Face masks are no longer mandatory in schools, early childhood education and care services, and places of private study.
- Face masks are mandatory for people aged 12 years and older on public transport and when in taxis or ride share vehicles. This includes travelling to and from school on public transport or in a vehicle with others not from your household.
- Face masks are strongly recommended when at least 1.5 metres distance cannot be maintained. Students under the age of 12 do not have to wear face masks.
- For information about face masks, see the Victorian Government page.
Teachers and education support staff
- will not be required to wear face masks while teaching, but those who wish to do so, can.
- are strongly recommended to wear face masks if physical distancing cannot be maintained.
- Individuals aged 12 years and over must carry a face mask, unless they have a lawful reason not to.
- are mandatory for people aged 12 years and older on public transport and when in taxis or ride share vehicles. This includes travelling to and from school on public transport or in a vehicle with others not from your household.
Some students and staff are exempt from these requirements. This includes:
- students who attend specialist schools, who are over the age of 12 and are unable to wear a face mask due to the nature of their disability.
- students or staff who have a medical condition, such as problems with their breathing, a serious skin condition on the face, a disability or a mental health condition.
Parents and carers
It is recommended parents and carers wear face masks where physical distancing cannot be maintained, for example at a congested school drop off or pick up.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) hotline
The Department of Education and Training’s coronavirus (COVID-19) hotline is available from 8am - 6pm, 7 days a week (excluding public holidays), phone 1800 338 663.
The latest information on the restrictions issued by the Victorian Government is available from the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) website.
Translated information about coronavirus: www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/translated-resources-coronavirus-disease-covid-19
Current as of 29 March, 2021